PASSIONATE DIETITIANS & NUTRITIONISTS
AFTER YEARS OF COACHING, WE'VE LEARNT A FEW THINGS...
1. That you are unique and require a unique plan - your body's physiology is more complex than any of us could imagine, and then throw mindset and upbringing into the mix and you realise how unique and special each of us are. We do our best to understand your physiology but also how your food patterns are influenced by your background and current lifestyle.
2. Health should not be compromised for performance goals - We've see it done and it's not pretty. When you compromise your health your performance suffers too. Trying to hit the one-percenters when you're not meeting your baseline requirements is like filling up a pool with a teaspoon.
3. A good nutritionist focusses on more than just food - This links with our first point, if we truly believe that your lifestyle impacts your food then we should be monitoring your sleep, training, stress levels etc. For example a lack of sleep will throw out your hunger/fullness hormones and so you're more likely to overeat (especially sugars and fats).
4. Over-restricting leads to over-eating - Ever told yourself you're not allowed anymore chocolate? What's the one food that is constantly on your mind? Chocolate! When we aren't allowed something, we just want it more. We believe that we can work together to learn how to incorporate your favourite foods without compromising your goals.
5. Between session communication is essential - Say we catch up weekly and on average you consume 5 meals/snacks per day. There are at least 35 food choices you make, not to mention all the other times you could eat but choose not to. We like to check in with you between our sessions to see how you are going and make any necessary adjustments on the fly. This saves time for the big things in sessions.
DIRECTOR & DIETITIAN
BHlthSc (Nut & Diet)(Hons) (QUT), APD
Level 1 ISAK accredited anthropometrist
When I was younger, I competed in athletics. There came a point where I put so much pressure on myself to do well, I began to cut down my eating with the belief that lighter equals faster. In turn, developed an eating disorder. My performance suffered and I couldn't compete or train.
It is now my passion to assist others in fuelling their bodies to optimise their performance without compromising long term health or a healthy mindset.
Although I have worked with athletes of all levels (including elite runners, decathletes, heptathletes, SUP & soccer players) my ideal client is anyone who is motivated to take a step forward in their health and performance.
When I'm not at work I'm likely sipping on a coffee or a whisky with my husband or lifting weights in the gym.
B Exercise & Nutrition Science (UQ), AN
I'm a University qualified Nutritionist who has completed her Bachelor of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences at the University of Queensland.
I'm bright and outgoing and love all things food, nutrition and health.
In my spare time, you will either find me in the kitchen cooking up a new recipe, at the gym doing pilates or yoga or at the beach in the sun.
I believe everybody’s nutritional needs are personal and I am here to reduce the confusion and make healthy eating easy.
I've struggled with my own gut health issues, body struggles and disordered eating. Transforming the way, I thought about food and nutrition, has been a game-changer to living a healthier and happier life. I am now passionate about educating others and my goal is to provide clients with the knowledge and tools to live and achieve a healthy, happy and balanced lifestyle.
B Nutrition Science (QUT), AN
I’m a university qualified nutritionist, having completed my Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Queensland University of Technology.
In 2021, I’ll be undertaking my Master of Nutrition and Dietetic Practice at Bond University. I’m also a freelance writer with a Bachelor of Media and Communications and have contributed to a range of health and beauty publications.
With a lifelong interest in food and nutrition, I love helping clients to cut through nutrition misinformation and reach their health goals in a balanced and sustainable way. I’m also passionate about sports and love working with athletes - in particular, endurance athletes - to fuel their bodies and improve performance.
In my spare time, I love to be outdoors - either running on the road or trails! I also enjoy doing Pilates, watching the NBA, and starting my day with a good coffee.