By Clare Keating
All Bodies Nutritionist and ex-chef
This recipe is great for those of you that like to meal prep lunches or enjoy simple dinner recipes - the chicken also freezes well if you make a large batch!
Super delicious and high protein recipe
Calories: 352, Protein: 37.9g, Carbs: 28.7g, Fats: 8.9g
½ cup grated mozzarella
1 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
500g chicken breasts
¼ cup plan flour
Pinch salt and pepper
¼ cup milk
¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 packet superfood vegetable mix or Asian slaw
2 limes, juiced
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. In a small bowl, combine the mozzarella and basil.
3. Slice a slit all the way down the side of the chicken breasts (don’t cut all the way through) and stuff the mozzarella mix inside
4. Assemble 3 bowls into a production line format. In bowl 1 mix together the flour and salt and pepper. In bowl 2 mix together the egg and milk. In bowl 3 have the breadcrumbs.
5. Dip each chicken piece into bowl 1, coating completely and then the same in bowl 2 and 3.
6. Place the coated chicken breasts onto a lined baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Divide the vegetable mix between 4 plates and drizzle over the lime juice. Cut the cooked chicken breasts into 4 serves and divide between the plates.